Saturday, September 3, 2011

Peter Eggers - Compilation CD

Sometimes, okay well most of the time, I dream of having an unlimited stream of cash to fund certain artists (including myself) so that they (we) could just write and produce. Well, of course I would bully them into writing in 13 for me (part of the contract) but once that's out of the way, then its free reign. Now Peter would be in this category. I have the fantasy set up (not that's these cats don't have their own money, but I am talking unlimited) - him, David Rose (electric violin, fred, Transit Express), Gerry Brown (drums, Stanley Clarke), John Lee (bass, Larry Coryell) hit the record button and groove it until you can't no more. They are pure magic together. Then to continue my fantasy, I sit in (bass) and be even more fantastic... hahahaha... hey, don't interrupt my fantasy....

Peter Eggers is quite the talented composer/performer and this aforementioned magic is displayed and proven on his first two tracks (but not limited to) of this compilation. You just have to check this out. Now, the other compositions are keyboard based and take you on varied journeys, evoking emotions you forgot you had (this is not easy to do). And I swear I have heard some of these before in the theater or TV back in the day... hummmm, and I probably didn't catch the meter use,,,, too enveloped in the journey...

Peter's compositions on this compilation:
Natural Disasters - 4/4, 7/4 (David Rose, Gerry Brown, John Lee)
Fault Lines - 4/4 FUNKY! (David Rose, Gerry Brown, John Lee)
Bitonal - 4/4 Built for Two (David Rose)
Thrill Junkies - 4/4
Wishful Thinking - 4/4
Living on Dreams - 4/4
Dust to Dust - 3/4, 2/4
Extreme Measures - 5/4, 4/4, 3/4
Alien Dance Party - 6/4, 4/4
Holding Pattern - 4/4
Too Good To Be True - 4/4, 7/8
A Fish Discovers Water - 4/4

Now go Check Peter out on Soundclick.com and MySpace.com/PeterEggers
while I align with my cash flow fantasy..

Keepin' it ODD,
BetZe13
OddTimeObsessed.com Tune in

.

No comments: