Friday, July 6, 2012

Obsessing 7 with less - Another Rapist

There is one song that I tend to default to when going through a break up... 'Its Over' by less. Some how it decisively flushes out the sticky residual emotions and general pissed off-ness. I needed this song yesterday...
...Back in the early 2000s I met less during my shell-shocked San Francisco days. I had moved from city of drones, Washington DC and was in awe of the polar opposite artistic freedomatic approach to life. Tainted by my musical schooling and east coast entrainment, it was ever so foreign for me to see this musical creation process. The rock star archetypal or career concerns did not pollute their process of drawing out bits and pieces stuck between alpha and theta, creating potential for a cult-like following. If they had all the resources they needed, I am sure they would've taken over...
...so since it has been a while (for the need of the break up song) I ended up listening to the whole album. And guess what, amongst other odd meters I found some 7, awesomeness just got wicked awesome. The chorus is 7/4, 7/4, 7/4, 8/4 (4/4) - the rest is in 4.

less - Another Rapist 4/4, 7/4

more to comments on the oddness of this artist to come,
more less info Firecodecore.com/less

Chick in 7,
BetZe13
OddTimeObsessed.com Tune in

.

No comments: