Monday, October 3, 2011

Derek Sherinian - Oceana

Okay I am just gonna call this guy Derek Sevenian...

Well in case you don't know who this cat is (ehemmmm which I didn't until my frenchy oddmeterite, David Taugis clued me in on this), he is a elite rock pro keyboardist, that's played with so and so and you know who...

Hey and this is his 7th solo album... coincidence?

Check out the tracks..

5 Elements - yup you guessed it... 5/4
Mercury 7 - you are so smart... 7/8
Mulholland - 7/4, 15/8(I think)
Euphoria - 6/4, 4/4
Ghost Runner - (thought it was a Eye of the Tiger cover at first) 4/4
El Camino Diablo - 7/8, 4/4
I heard that - 4/4
Seven Sins - no not again... 7/8
Oceana - 4/4

If you really, really want to learn how to play in 7 - listen to this album, play/shred along, you won't be bored. This would make an extremely effective Music Minus One (instrumental karaoke) CD. The recording is pristine, lots of layers to be interested in as you are locking in the varying grooves and along with all melodic keyboards and guitar noodling the bass is loud and clear and most beautiful sounding.

Shred with Sevenian and you will be a ProInSeven.

Keepin' it ODD,
BetZe Thirteensky
Odd Time Obsessed Tune in

.

1 comment:

david taugis said...

Sevenian ?! The ultimate joke about this guy ! Well found friend !

Next time I'll send you some french crazy Tool/free rock stuff... and I have all the metric elements thanks to my friend Nicolas... He's the drummer !